Monday, April 30, 2007

Party crackers (n.)

I love watching Bob Ross the painter on Saturday mornings. I love his calming and soft voice as he shows you how to paint the landscapes. I eat this up because I have always craved being able to paint a landscape. He is so one with nature that he has a few endearing words and phrases for the things he paints. One is for the fall trees bearing their reds, oranges, and yellows. He calls them fire crackers. Love it!!!

So this morning when I was looking at my trees bursting forth with their bright green leaves and others blooming in white flowers, I decided to name the spring trees as party crackers! They are such a delight for the eyes. Even if they cause the allergies to flare…

Good thing you weren’t in my jeep this morning! You would have thought I was a bit off my rocker as I was exclaiming ‘oOOooo, look another party cracker!’

No comments:

Post a Comment