Monday, April 23, 2007

God's will & work ...

Way to go Little Bro!
“Back in my Grandfather’s and my father’s day the question of God’s will and work was ‘It is God’s will that I work and that I do my best.’ Today’s generation answer is ‘What job is in God’s will for me?’

I loved this. Which generation is correct? It seems obvious to me. Yet, as I think about old paths, I tend to feel one should go after their dreams and passions because it feels like the key to what God desires us to give to the world. However could it be that the work before me even though I have no passion for, is God’s will? Do I still go for my passions?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I know my answer for myself is that my daily grind is God’s will. I am learning here that it has made me better at my first impressions. Developing my malnourished surface has been helping me be more delightful. It has proven that a well-rounded surface makes it easier to develop depth with others. Qualities I need to be the best I can be and I know my passions would not have lead me down that path. However, my passions have been my outlet for the ‘learnings’ I have gained from my daily grind!

I jotted down my thoughts at the beginning of the month but here it is the end of the month and I have a decision to make about my work. Do I go and take the Accounts Payable job that opened up? Or do I stick with my Reception job? It has been a real thinker. I have been riding the fence, flipping back and forth. Honestly, I have been looking for a ‘no’ answer. It would make my decision easy!

Like I said before the Receptionist’s job has been really good for me – a really good fit. In the loss of my last job, I realized that the atmosphere that you work in can drain you until you are a shell of who you are meant to be. I think now I am learning through the thinking process is that I must decide whether I can deflate the stress or am I going to let the stress change me. I found a thread of thought ‘with balance comes peace’. I know that stress is a part of learning but I need to be able to balance the stress so that I can use it towards good instead of it working against me.

What good is the learning if I cannot take it and apply it in other areas of my life and use it for the rest of my days? I do plan to greet others and keep open the communications instead of hiding out in my office. Greetings could very well be the answer to keep my social-needs tank full to aid in doing good work. I need some social interactions or I find myself cranky by 5PM. Well, ok by noon!

I have decided to see if there was ‘yes’ answers after realizing I was so focused on finding a no answer. I really am trying to see if God is directing a path to take. I can’t see if this will take me towards my passions and I don’t know how this will add to my dreams. The dots have lined up. My hat is still in the ring and a ‘no’ answer can still come… Either way I want God to lead me …

Let the morning bring me Word of Your Unfailing Love,
for I have put my trust in You.
Show me the way I should go,
for to You, I lift up my soul.
~Ps 143:8

Keep me safe, O God,
for in You I take refuge.
I said to the Lord,
“You are my Lord;
apart from You I have no good thing.”
~Ps 16:1&2

No comments:

Post a Comment