Friday, June 24, 2005

pursuit of happiness....

Watching the craze of cutting up God-given bodies to look younger and thinner all for happiness has me wondering. Parents are providing their daughters with boob jobs for a graduation gift because they want their daughters to be happy. Their words exactly. Daughters choose boob jobs over a car because they want to be happy. Women of all ages will choose surgery overseas to look beautiful over the health of their own bodies and the health of their families all for happiness.

Suppose I choose to take care of the beautiful body that God gave me? I understand image and self-confidence. I had 'buck teeth' and I had bad eyesight. We all have imperfection. But what if we choose to pursue a more healthy and balanced happiness? Why not choose to take on the journey and the adventure of life? Isn't Life about hard work? Isn't hard work the real MAKEOVER?

No comments:

Post a Comment