Friday, June 24, 2005

happiness vs. JOY

God is all about Extreme Makeovers. Instead of happiness He wants us to find Joy in Him. Look at Him. He is our Window. We are like moons reflecting borrowed light.

I found "The Joy of the Lord is my Strengh" (Neh 8:10). You have to lose something or someone or have this eternal ache to understand how empty you feel. When everything and everyone is inconsistant, all you want is something solid. When all you feel is rain and wind haunt your soul, you just want to feel the sun again on your face. You have to let go. Yes, let go.

Seek His face. Invite Him on your life journey. Let Him lead. Watch how He provides each day for you. He provides you all of His nature for your enjoyment. Declare your gratitude for all the little things you have in your life. Declare victory in each little success that comes your way. Most importantly declare His Attributes. My most favorite attribute is that He is ever constant. Wait, I cannot really list my top favorite attribute because He is all Good. But I do have another precious God-Attribute to share. He is a very Wild God, but He is such an Artist and Author. All creation shows off His Handiwork and to think and know that He had thought of me to design me and fashion my life journey for my personal growth and beauty.

When you "Trust the Lord and do good," when you "Dwell in the Lord and feed on His Faithfulness," and when you "Delight in the Lord, He will take care of your heart" (Ps. 37: 3 & 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment