Thursday, November 24, 2005

thank offering sacrifice...

"Consider this, you who forget God,
or I will tear you to pieces, with none to rescue;
he who sacrifices thank offerings honers Me,
and he prepars the way
so that I may show him the Salvation of God."
~ ps 50:22-23

Dear Almighty God,
I had made way for gratefulness in my life yet my life still seemed stuck in murkiness. It wasn't until You shocked my life back to the adventure You intended it to be, that I understood Joy. Joy doesn't come in the easy days but the days that are rocky and quite scary.

I saw Your Word here and questioned why thanksgiving would be a sacrifice!?! Sacrifice means offer up of life and treasure; surrender for a purpose. In my humble words sacrifice is a hard thing to do. Why would thanksgiving be hard? shouldn't it be easy? Then I looked back over my journey past.

It is easy to thank You for all the good things that happen in my life everyday, but it is the more difficult to thank You for those painful things You have given me. You have given me a life of singlehood when I would much rather be passionately head over heals in a loving relationship with a soulmate. This is a hard thing to say thank You for...

I dearly love to use shocking words or words that might not match up with the topic. You did it here .. ''I will tear you to pieces'' ... wow!¡ You have me listening. You brought Joy into my life by taking away my means of putting bread on the table. I would not trade this enriching life-lesson. You rescued my murky and dark life then so I look forward ...

I prepare the way by offering thanks for this single adventure. I look to You now as I give up my desire for couplehood and relish the Salvation Love only You can provide.

As I move forward on my adventure I will look at all the hard parts of my life in a way of offering sacrifice, expectant of Your Rescue.
~ your grateful girl

No comments:

Post a Comment