Wednesday, November 16, 2005

the battle over our hearts ...

"The Lord's portion is His people."
- Deut 32:9

Do we not remember that glorious hour when He carried our hearts by storm? When He placed His Cross against the wall, and scaled our ramparts, planting on our strongholds the blood-red flag of His Omnipotent Mercy? Yes, we are, indeed, the conquered captives of His Omnipotent Love. Thus chosen, purchased, and subdued, the rights of our Divine Possessor are inalienable: we rejoice that we never can be our own; and we desire, day by day, to do His Will, and to show forth His Glory. ~ Spurgeon

Dearest Divine Possessor,
I am so glad that I am Your portion. You choose little ol' me! I love the part where You took my heart by storm with Your Everlasting Arms! If You hadn't come for me, I would still be out in those violent waves beaten and sucked under to the utter depths of the sea! My heart and soul sing of delight of You. You are all I need .... what a respondsability to be needed.....
~ always Your treasured potion


Spurgeon: tried faith

No comments:

Post a Comment