Friday, November 11, 2005

manners...

"Oh, I just don't have time to read or respond your writings." These are words she has heard from more than one person. People in her inner circle. People she has valued. Allowing these people to read her most private thoughts and journey is a compliment of the highest order. Now feelings of worthless stir in her heart.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Manners in the simplest of terms is giving worth and respect to your fellow human. I never had rigid training in thank you notes when I was a young'en. When I thought about it was a struggle to come up with something. The words thank you just did not seem enough. I wanted more words. I wanted an elegant thank you so the receiver felt moved.

Now that I have a few years under my belt, I have a better understanding the value of a simple note. You must slow down and forget the ticking of the clock. Read, lean in, and listen to the words and respond even if it is one little thing. Maybe it connects to something in your own journey and you can share. Give a little value back...

No comments:

Post a Comment