Saturday, November 12, 2005

cave vs. disappearance

All she knows about men is that they send a lot of time away in their 'caves'. It was told to her never to mess with a bear in his cave or you will get hurt. It has always been a mystery. Maybe if she could understand from a guy's point of view, she could leave bears in caves alone.

He had been in his cave and now he was out. She got up the nerve to ask and was presently surprised to hear his reply. "You will only get hurt if you demand from the bear. You have to support the bear in his own language. What is his love language? Support him in that. I was at my wits end and I sunk down on the stairs and wept. What touched me was my daughter giving me a side hug to herself. She did not say anything. That was support that I needed," he said. His words gave her hope.

Today the hope has died. She is not sure about the cave thing anymore. It doesn't seem to fit the continual absence. How can she understand when everytime the bear slips away in the cave it is for extreme amounts of time? She ran into the cave.

Darkness enveloped her. Echoes of her footsteps felt like crashes of waves upon her. Her own heart beat deafened her scences. The bear was not here. So she went in deeper and she became emptier. Then she saw the glaring light ...

... a back door! It is not the cave ... rather bears disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment