Friday, September 02, 2005

I hold these Truths...

* negative attitude = rejection of Faith!
This hit me to the quick! I have lived in melancholy for many years and it lurks in many of my corners still today. I was ashamed as this new truth haunted me. Negative attitude has everything to do with complaining, whining, fighting, slandering, doubt, and worry. If I let these dark and ugly things fester in my heart, there is no room for God to work. There is no love, no joy, no goodness, and no faith.

My next step was to dwell in possibility. Every time I doubted .... I switched to dwelling in possibility. Why not? was a question I explored possible dreams and filled out my life with them.

* joy is the stuff of strength
neh 8:10 "The Joy of the Lord is my Strength." Quite simply declare His attributes

* passion is the stuff of love
Love is purely action and sacrificial. Love is listening and caring for another's welfare. Love is loving your dreams and passions into life. Love is loving yourself and knowing you have a purpose to live and give here and now.

* compassion is the stuff of life
Life is growth and beauty. Life is fragile and yet resilient. Life is like a seeing someone burst into a simple smile. Life is the opposite of death. I want to always error on the side of life. I am overjoyed by seeing the triumph of the human spirit.

* don't waste beauty
Create. Give. Work hard. Sing. Dance. Play.

* move to what you can control
Be thankful. Affirm. Appreciate. Enjoy every monent. Delight & Savor. Claim Victory. Declare His attributes. Celebrate because you do have a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment