Friday, September 02, 2005

at morning's Light...

She sits on her favorite rock overlooking the eastern horizon. She comes from her bed of nightmares. With a cuppa warming her hands she snuggles with blankets. She is waiting for the sun to rise. She wants to bathe in the warmth. Her soul skips a beat as she feels golden rays peek and tease her over the horizen. There at the moment of the glorious reveal, she feels kissed by her God.

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full into His Wonderful Face
and the things of earth will fade away
in the Light of His Glory and Grace"


"Arise, shine, for your Light has come and the Glory of the LORD rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the LORD rises upon you and His Glory appears over you." Isaiah 60:1-2

"The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day."
Proverbs 4:18

ty Lovely!!!

prayer triumphs and requests from Hurricane Katrina's wake

6 comments:

  1. This one is also for you Keeper :-)

    "The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence for ever."
    Isaiah 32:17

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh yes!!!
    I am mostly quiet with fire in my belly. At times my fire gets the best of me. Quietness is truly a most confident place. It is peace.....

    again thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely,
    I was reading the surrounding passages to Isa 32:17. A couple of weeks ago I was in this same passage in search of His words giving me strength. The verse did not register at the time. But by revisiting this a second time gives me a bigger impact.

    I notice this is a passage concerning 'complacent women' so this verse is so totally speaking to women and the nature of woman to fight. To fight in the best way they can.... goood fruit given in sacrificial love will bring peace, quiet, and confidence. Just what we need to send out that 'all is well' .... and 'at rest ' .... *true beauty lit up*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeper,
    Thank you so much for bringing out those treasures. I was also struck by the following...
    "My people will live in peaceful dwelling-places,
    in secure homes,
    in undisturbed places of rest...
    how blessed you will be." (v18,20)
    You bring out the flavour and express it up so wonderfully well.

    I was wondering what is the "fire in your belly" that you refer to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, loves those verses too.

    Fire in the belly is my passion. I love my own dreams of being a published writer. I love to hear other's dreams. If you acknowledge a dream, you just encourage the dreamer to try. To see someone actually take flight is pretty awesome.

    I am attempting to write a book for women. I want women to fall in love with their Great Lover. I think we hold Him back at arm's length. I want women to know they have an adventure and a mystery. I feel like shouting "yes , "It's a Wonderful Life." Our world needs our mercy and our compassion. We are life-bearers. We are the teachers and mentors. We are the life-support. Here is where I feel restlessness.

    I want our tribe to grow with this desire that we have a purpose. We can change our world even if we feel small.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete