Thursday, November 22, 2012

thankful 2012 …

Wow, what a year!! So much has happened!! I can barely catch my breath but I shall count my blessings!! I am dazed and amazed and full of praise for the Almighty!!

• I am thankful for 16 years of my small apartment and I am thankful for a new year of being a homeowner. I could not do so without Him. I have a beautiful library where I can have a book in my hand or I can daydream out big windows and I have a craftcave that I can mozy on down in my hideaway and craft to my heart's content without having to put my little creations away just to live!!

I have a three nice bathrooms where before I had one nasty calcified one. I'm looking to change the color of the master bath but i still can't believe how clean and spacious this small bathroom is. The guest water closet is right by the door for easy access after a long day of avoiding the public loos. The gem is the guest bathroom that is big and high for a tall man. With that guest bath I have great potential for a nice guest room in the basement. I would like to finish it before having someone over but excited over the potential.

I've got a nice little pantry for food and for utilitarian dishes leaving the kitchen cabinets for the pretty dishware. I could go on and on with the house but I'll end by saying it is pretty nice to have a garage for the jeep. I finally got it in at the beginning of November, beating out the frost! I won't know what to think when the snow piles up deep!

Huge blessing! I still can't believe it.

• I am thankful for my Dad who helped me move in three days. He had the stick to get this job done especially when I felt very overwhelmed and got injured. He also has the handyman talent and helped trim out my craftcave and helped to stabilize the bookcases.

• I am thankful for the traumatic foot injury and swollen groin lymph node and surgery. I have seen God's Presence in my life. I was quaking in fear when I would have rather had strong rock solid faith but God took the tiny shivering faith that I did have and covered my naked fears all with warm blankets. I woke from the surgery with a huge thank You! Wow!!! I later got the news that it wasn't cancer which I knew it was the traumatic foot injury all along but if course the c-word gets in there and shakes everything up.

• I am thankful for my Mom who went to my appointments and to surgery with me. I needed her. Even when I grew quiet trying to keep myself contained and still she tried to draw me out and didn't get mad or frustrated at my lack of words. I need to say here that I am very blessed with the timing of everything and that again was God.

• I am thankful for NS who is busy with his hectic life but was there with comfort and strength just at the times I needed - again God's timing. I am blessed to have this friendship in my life. There is nothing compared to someone who understands a spaghetti brain like mine and loves God passionately too.

• I am thankful for my brothers and their families that I can look after and love on. There has been a lot pain come into their lives and family is important to have. Sometimes I don't know what to do but God will bring me something to mind to shower them. I know that they in turn are there for me. There is nothing better to have the quietness of family to stand with you when you need to shut out the rest of the world.

• I am thankful for my job, boss, and coworkers. My job is NOT my passion but sowing little seeds of God's love is my job. I am beginning to see the big picture and want to desperately sow more seeds especially for M. There is a tiny thirst there and I hope she gets more thirsty! So lunch notes for her daughter it is. Pretty fun to do but it is seeds… 🌱

• I am thankful for my three pupinators, Tink, Bobby, and Andy. They make me laugh … and cry. They comfort … and I comfort them. I got out the picture books and memories last night… I could go on and on … my heart is hurting right now . I love Tink and Bobby equally and uniquely but Andy is special. I get his personality because it is like mine own. He likes to be still on the outside until action is needed. He likes rules and placement and let's the other pups know. He looks at you with his soulful eyes and you melt. He is playful and animated. He is deathly afraid of the vet. Sadly, his days are numbered… he has growths all over inside and they have growing extremely fast the past two weeks. He isn't in pain yet and still is very lively. We are praying that when it is time for him to go that it is when he is sleeping. It would be too traumatic for him to be taken to the vet. I've been wondering if I will see my dearly beloved pets in heaven … I am so grateful for Andy.

• I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father Who holds my hand and walks with me. He nudges me when I need it. He covers my fears when my heart starts quivering. He quiets me when my brain starts shouting. He gives me strength to endure when I am in pain. I have value because of Him. How blessed I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment