Friday, November 09, 2012

a single dad's Christmas…

What do you do when this is your first year divorced from your wife and you have a young son of 8 who would wonder why dad isn't decorating for Christmas? This thought was given to me by God yesterday and all I could do was chew on it all day. It is a scenario happening in my family.

I felt moved to step up and be the female - to be a gentle help in any way I can. I sent a text with the question and some ideas. This dad was thinking about this and welcomed the help.

I'm excited. In my opinion it doesn't have to be girly so I am exploring some different options to see what they might enjoy. I am also thinking of a nativity set would be nice. Maybe a plastic Christmas tub filled with decor so that he has a way to store it after the holidays.

A Christmas gift can come in the prep and relieving some if the pressure of perfection. A gift of the heart.…

No comments:

Post a Comment