Friday, November 16, 2012

material for the Silversmith …

Silver is fascinating to me and I perk up when I discover it in the Word. It always seems second place to gold so why is it used in the Bible? So here is my musings:

It looks like it is only the beginning when our furnace days are completed! Then comes the hammer days!! And this cycle makes up for all our earthly days! However, the SILVER lining is that we are freed of the unneeded and we become more shiny and beautiful like Him!

Remove the dross from the silver,
and out comes material for the silversmith;
~ Proverbs 25:4


I jot down notes of interest from Bible speakers and I just stumbled on a tidbit from Joni Erickson Tada: 'God choose silver to describe His Word. God's Word is purer than choice silver. ~ Proverbs 10:20. Why? Pure silver holds together; gold cannot. Silver kills bacteria and that is why they put it in teeth.

I wrote the above back in May little knowing that I would be put into the furnace a few months later. It all started back at the end if March where I had a traumatic foot injury. After two months of hobbling on a swollen left foot, things were going great. The foot was getting better. I could walk again. It still was healing and I thought I was coming out of it. At the end of July I discover a bump in crease of my left leg where it attaches to the body. Trying to figure out what caused this and having it removed was traumatic to my mind and to the heart. Having something removed is so having the dross removed. This was a vivid visual to me.

My troubled brain had to make this verse into a formula for easy meditation and focus.

silver - dross
= precious metal useable by the Silversmith

thank You, Heavenly Father, for Your sure Hands and Your Ultimate Wisdom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment