Friday, February 26, 2010

single girl's questions ...

With fire set to the God-Ordained Marriage in these ‘last days’, wouldn’t a good God-Fearing married couple be a great witness to those demeaned it?

Shouldn’t God-Ordained Marriage be the living out of the true essence of Love as written in I Corinthians 13?

 

If marriage is what I call the last frontier in witnessing because it should reflect the God-Ordained Love given between a man and woman, then wouldn’t being a delightful Christian single living purely be the flip side of the last frontier in witnessing?  By answering this question with a firm yes gives purpose to living  this single life (even if it isn’t desired) with purity and joy.  I personally need to have a purpose and a value to my living or my doing.  Maybe now I can settle into being single a bit better and not feel so duplicitous in my desire for marriage and having to be single…  Maybe I can let go of the marriage desire …

 

If God molds us in a marriage, wouldn’t He be able to mold me without a marriage?  Wouldn’t He alone be able to cultivate my life?  Shouldn’t I trust He doesn’t need a man to mold or cultivate my life?  Shouldn’t I see this singlehood as His Plan and go with it like riding a bike with no hands?  His Control and not mine or man’s?  Yes, I should rest comfortably with that and stop my silly striving……!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment