Saturday, February 06, 2010

dear john ...

"That was a weird ending," said the lady next to me in the theater. When caught off guard, I usually just smile and let it go. Then this thought kicked in that Mr. Nicholas Sparks errors on the side that life doesn't come in neat little packages. Besides the movie ending isn't the book ending. He doesn't get the girl.

This story is a love story and like all his books, you will cry. The movie gave a smidgen of hope that the two would end up together in the end but not so with the book.

The book has stuck with me because this is about the pain of rejection and not holding on when distance is part of the relationship. Love was given up without a fight. Oh, I know what that is!!!

Not sure this is a date movie. Maybe just see it with the girls or even alone like me. I rate this movie a 8.9 ... keeping to the book would have been much better....

Here are a few words from the book:
"In any marriage, there's room for only two people."

"... I finally understood what true love really meant. .... love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be."

These are found in the epilogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment