Friday, February 19, 2010

keeping the mind ...

How do I become successful at having a good weekend mentally and accomplish a lot?  Accomplishing everything on my list insures that my mental being is intact and up beat.  You know that feeling where you have extra energy to do those mundane things and you don’t feel it!  However, I sabotage myself because I filled my list to the top and then expect to check them off like the second hand of a clock clicking the seconds.  Then I am left in the evening hours of Sunday beating myself up and dreading the rat race that comes the next day knowing that I got nothing to show for my own endeavors.  So HOW…..? 

 

Make no list?  Limit the list to 3 items?  Make the list of all the things I accomplished on Sunday evening?  Celebrate every small victory?  Instead of the whole just focus on the smaller steps? 

 

Well, I am pretty sure I cannot go without a list!  I am still holding on to the fact that goals need to be set and a list is a way to set out to get those goals accomplished.  I am going to look at the smaller parts and celebrate them.  I am going to make sure that my hands are not idle but always hooking or knitting or creating or writing.  When Sunday evening, I am going to sigh a happy sigh filled with that energy to set about a new week a new creature.  I hope I am not just repeating a cycle.  I kind of feel this way every Friday but if I get stuck here then I am doomed.  {sticking fingers in my ears, squeezing eyes shut, humming loudly} 

 

I must say that God says to stop striving.  I have come to realize that this is a side effect and liability for a tenacious keeper like me.  {sighs} Well, I am going to attempt again to be kind to myself.  ß Maybe that should be my biggest to do!

1 comment:

  1. hey I really like your blog, and I am just starting mine for an english project. would you like to give me some feed back? I would like you to recomend some gadjets or tell me how I can make my blog better. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete