Thursday, February 25, 2010

harmonize vs. contrast

I wrote out a poem last week about a broken relationship I have.  I can’t repair it nor understand it from his point of view because he hasn’t shared it nor can I ask.  He is gone.  So here I am left with a wound.  I have looked at it from all sides like a jeweler examining a diamond and its worth.  We were two misfits that didn’t feel like misfits when we were together.  Five years later I see the contrast and it looms large.  I am a keeper and he is a leaver (even knew this about him within our friendship).  I know in relationships there are same things and different things in each of us that make us one together but when you discover a contrast that cannot mix…. I would call this a UTB (unable to breathe) moment.  I just cannot accept someone who is a leaver because it is not what I am about.   It doesn’t jive with me.  This is a major life struggle from little girlhood.   I believe without any doubt that when we get to Heaven that God is going to ask us about the people in our lives that we have discarded, ignored, or passed over.  (There are only two things here on this earth that are Eternal – God’s Word & people. ~ Swindoll) This weighs on me greatly.  I may be a keeper but I am also a loner not by choice.  I guess the nugget I am tossing around comes harmonize vs. contrast. What mixes & what doesn’t…..

 

Harmonize = blend pleasingly

Contrast = marked difference

 

No comments:

Post a Comment