Monday, February 01, 2010

He covers what I lack ...

I have pet words and then I have words that I use and know but don't know deep down. 'Grace' is one of those words. So indulge me a bit here as I flesh it out a bit.

'Grace' means God covers what I lack. I never stop with just Grace because with it I say the definition as well. Saying it comforts me. It is a quiet covering Strength that carries very burden and let the heart breath free.

This week a co-worker had to take time off for a loved one was in need of hospital care and it took an extra day. I had to cover for her Wednesday afternoon and then had to work late on Thursday to cover her work. I had planned to take off early as that is my errand day and it makes for a very long evening and a very hungry tummy. I wanted to help out but it still eats away when you plans fall through and you feel hurt because everyone else is taking their sweet time and all you want to do is get your own business done. Home is where you want to run to. Then I thought how lacking I am in the grace department. I am not alone either. It is a great comfort to know that my Heavenly Father never grumbles over covering my falterings and shortcomings.

No comments:

Post a Comment