Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Master Healer ...

I have some prayer burdens where there is loss of a loved one.  As I wrap them in prayer, I wonder at the gapping wound they are carrying.  I know that time doesn’t heal wounds and it is something you should never say.  So I have secretly prayed that that the Heavenly Father would smooth out the rough edges and that the pain they feel will one day be covered in precious memories they can enjoy and keep.  Yes, they will have a tear behind the smile but the wound gets better.  However, there are wounds that don’t heal or maybe wound isn’t allowed to heal…. I like having a Sure Foundation underlying my prayers which means I like to use the Bible as a reminder to me and to God about His Power.  I know God keeps our tears in a bottle as said in Psalms 56:8 but I wanted confirmation about healing up wounds cause by losing a loved one.  I happened upon a verse that I especially feel encouraged about.  Psalms 147:3 says, “He heals the brokenhearted & binds up their wounds.”  This gives me peace.  Our broken hearts are healed in His Hands and those Patient Hands tenderly clean and bind up the wounds.  Interesting that He just doesn’t touch the wound but lets it heal under His Care.  This is a reminder to reflect the Healer when you are a tangible shoulder and ear for someone processing loss.  I whisper this verse as a prayer…. reminding myself that He will carry our grief and heal are broken hearts…

No comments:

Post a Comment