Friday, February 26, 2010

chief with his knives ...

I hate confrontation of any kind because I become a molten melted mess inside.  The verse in Proverbs where it says ‘iron sharpens iron’ is a bit scary but I have pictures that help me be ok with the understanding.  Think of a master chef sharpening his knives.  He knows exactly how much sharpening to do.  He knows best. This is a comforting thought for me.  I like how my Master and King sharpens and cultivates me.  He knows best and gives good gifts.  An opposite picture would be like a big train braking and the wheels shoot sparks on the rails.  Not so good.  Good for stopping a speeding train but maybe not so good for the brakes or rails.  I’m not sure that is a excellent picture of a contrast to sharpening… How about using kitchen shears for cutting the plastic packaging from some electronic gismo?  Yeah, that really dulls the scissors.  You know, sharpening nor dulling feels good at the moment but sharpening makes you better and dulling just makes you a zombie ….… just a thought ….

No comments:

Post a Comment