Saturday, January 24, 2009

terrorist vs baby

How in the world can you justify ending the torture of terrorists but allow abortions?

Abortion is torture. Not only is it torturing a little baby inside the mom but it is also torturing the mom physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually for the rest of her life. I have stepped into the shoes of every side and cannot for the life of me understand the right to abort but for purely selfish reasons.

If you want to throw the rape card at me, I understand that is too hard to truly wrap my head around but I would desperately want to choose life for that child as God always works for my good. I would hold on to every blessing I could but to honor life as God would have me.

If you want to throw the life of the baby is deformed or special, it still boils down to you being selfish. I have seen to many of these special gifts outshine those of us who are suppose to be 'normal'.

I have seen my mother turn into a grandma at the birth of her grandchild. She forgets everything else but to play and protect her little ones. So when a friend who is a mother of three tells me that it is the woman's right to choose life or abortion, I flipped. She would deny her own mother to be a grandma which is a special gift. I cannot argue well and that was two months ago. I am still fuming and dread her calling.

I have to be honest that I do not want to be a mom but when I thought I might have a chance to marry, I could not rule that out. I have often felt guilty over not wanting kids because I know down deep it is selfish. But to be honest I have the mom feelings of passing on knowledge and protection to offspring I do not have. I just cannot understand. What I do understand is that abortion is essentially giving yourself a gun to pop off another human being. It is murder fair and square.

What really gets me is that we are going to treat our terrorist better than our own flesh and blood. It is not a personal matter but an allowance of blood on all of our hands. I know I live to a higher standard and I desire to serve and obey my God but I also know that God cannot bless a nation who disregards life. God created you and me. We are special gifts. What man or little king has the right to destroy life?

No comments:

Post a Comment