Saturday, January 10, 2009

flourish = Joy's verb ...

Joy is a state of being content & trusting in God. Flourish is Joy in verb form and it is beautiful!

flourish |ˈfləri sh |
verb
1 grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way, esp. as the result of a particularly favorable environment 
• develop rapidly and successfully .
• [with adverbial ] (of a person) be working or at the height of one's career during a specified period 

When I think of flourish, my mind is overflowing with good things like beautiful, color popping flowers flourishing in a gentle breeze. Simply put, just winsome. I love how flourish is described in Psalms 92:12-15:
The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree
Those that be planted in the House of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.
They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
To show that the LORD is upright: He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

A palm tree is made stronger when it bends in horrific winds and on a beautiful day, a palm tree is so tall and flourishes against a blue sky. Do I bend under God's allowance of storms or do I fight against what He is doing in my life?

When I am planted in the House of the Lord, there will I be most joyful and flourishing. I see the House of the Lord anywhere I am in communion with God via His Word and my prayers, thanksgiving, and hymns. It is also my obedience (good fruit) as my love shared to Him. This is were I am most beautiful and the most flourishing. What is my return? a nice big fat, fruitful, and flourishing me! {beautiful}

No comments:

Post a Comment