Thursday, January 08, 2009

basket of nerves ...

I called up little bro today. He is leaving for Chicago early in the morning to head down for Nicaragua (1wk) for his masters degree. He is always a basket of nerves but being far away from I didn't know if he was rattling around. At the holidays he seemed quite still and ok. Well, I am glad I called. He is concerned and he also feels that the 'planners' didn't really plan as well as he hopes. Plus, he had to sign a form saying that if he should die while on the trip that his family could not sue. That really bugs him. Of course it would, he is a husband and a new dad.

I took the 'fear not' verses that I had compiled together from our Christmas get together and emailed them to my family this week. He took it and emailed it to the group that is going on the trip. He says that he has some fears. But you know I believe strongly that believers will have fear feelings but it is what we do with those feelings. We need to dig ourselves deep into God's Word and lean hard into them - like palm trees in hurricane winds. They bend and don't break... I call it renewing of the mind... or my favorite 'talking back'!!!! I start 'talking back' God's Word straight into the face of fear. I even get out my little soap box {grins}.

I told him that I would take his fears and pray. Not only that but I am praying the 'fear not' verses for him. It is amazing at the power of God's Word! I also told little bro that when I am restless or nerveous that I take out my New Testament that I carry with me and read the Psalms. It is amazes me that every time I do so, I feel calm... maybe he will try it too.... Most of all I will be praying that he relaxes and finds God's beauty in the place and see God moving in the people and in him...

No comments:

Post a Comment