Monday, January 19, 2009

man ≠ God

Man is man. Man is weak, mortal, dysfunctional, fragile, faulty, imperfect, and a real pain in the neck! So how can people equate themselves to God or as being little gods? I think I am going to start naming names and how unfortunate it that the two biggest culprits are women but in II Tim 3:5-7, we're warned of 'a form of godliness' that women get hoodwinked by. The names are Oprah and Joyce Myers. I was a little shocked over Joyce Myers but I haven't been paying to enough attention but now that I know, I won't be watching.

People can never think themselves into being gods nor can they ever create. The other thing that sets man from God is that they are mortal. Every day man is dying and death will over take us all. The only way to have Everlasting Life is to bow the knee to God and ask Him to be Lord and Master of your life.

Another huge danger that I see is the cult like, hollywood mega superstar status we Americans are putting on one man who is touting/peddling hope. Hope in who or what? Yes, we can? First fault is that man raises up 'leaders' and then tears them down. What is more dysfunctional than that? We have already blasted one President never giving him a chance and tore him to shreds so who is to say man won't do it again to a new one everyone seems to be enamored with? Again we only can with the bowed knee asking for God's Strength and Ever-Present Help

Hope is a very sacred word and it didn't come to me until the election and my heart began to sing 'My Hope is built in nothing less that Jesus' Blood and Righteous' that I fully realized why I was having a problem with the goings on of this cult like following. ''Rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh'' Phil 3:3. This man is just a man who is imperfect. I do wish him the best and will pray for his leadership and for his soul. I also will pray for his stance on pro-choice because what nation is under God when the nation is killing babies? ''That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments'' Ps 78:7. Did we forget God's commandment ''Thou shalt not kill''? God fashions each person in womb! And man wants to destroy life? God says to choose life! (deut 30 &31)

Another thing about all the hype is what the media is throwing around that this is history in the making. Isn't it present day? Shouldn't we be living the day given for tomorrow isn't promised? Remember man is mortal? Besides what is going to interest me more than anything here on earth is roaming the Halls of Heaven where God keeps the 'His-story' books and see for myself with God's eyes and perceptive what is important for the Kingdom. Man's eyes are faulty and his desires are fickle.

My eyes are on Jesus and my HOPE is Jesus Christ...

No comments:

Post a Comment