Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh YES He cares...

Does Jesus Care?

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth or song,
As the burdens press, and the cares distress
And the way grows weary and long?

Refrain:

Does Jesus care when my way is dark
With a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades,
Does He care enough to be near?

Refrain:

Does Jesus care when I’ve tried and failed
To resist some temptation strong;
When for my deep grief there is no relief,
Though my tears flow all the night long?

Refrain:

Does Jesus care when I’ve said “goodbye”
To the dearest on earth to me,
And my sad heart aches till it nearly breaks,
Is it aught to Him? Does He see?

Refrain:
Oh yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.

~~Frank E. Graeff, 1901
1 Peter 5:7 “He cares for you.”


I love this hymn and as I was traveling home the other night I heard it and was reminded of God's care. What struck me the most was the last verse. Most hymns' last verse deals with death or over on Heaven's shore. This one is no different but I do have to say there are other goodbyes to dear ones besides death. What about a goodbye of a dear one who hasn't said goodbye but has vanished? What about a simple parting and not knowing if it is the last time you will see the person? Well, God does care about my aguish over a disappearance for He has counted every tear and recorded them in His tear book. He has weighed and measured them and found them valuable. He cares. He keeps. My sad heart has turned into joy...


Casting all your care upon Him,
for He cares for you.
~1 Pet 5:7

{here is the butterfly!}

Cast your burden on the Lord,
& He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
~Ps 55:22

You number my wanderings;
put my tears into Your Bottle;
are they not in Your Book?
~Ps 56:8

For You have delivered my soul from death.
Have You not kept my feet from falling,
that I may walk before God in the light of the living?
~Ps 56:13


Ahh, YES! He answers YES, HE CARES! AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment