Sunday, January 04, 2009

1st single crochet!

I DID IT! I finally figured out how to single crochet! I have been wanting to make Amigurumi for my niece and maybe for myself. I do like anything small. Now I am on my way.

Last week I found some instructions that had actual pictures instead of drawings. It makes a big difference when you are trying to 'SEE' what and where you need to go to make loops or stitches. My Grandma has long past away and I didn't want to learn when she was able plus, not sure I would have picked it up. I think I am learning that it is best if I learn on my own. Interesting - but from all my years studying on how to teach I figured out how I best learn. Now it is difficult for me to be taught by others because I know how I learn and others haven't figured that out. To be a good teacher you have to know how your student learns and teach it that way to them.

Anyways!!! I have been practicing and have figured out how to increase and decrease. I'm not sure if I have the slip stitch quite figured out and why it is needed. I am working on the rounds because that is what Amigurumi is based on. I am finding that the magic ring works best as just the regular ring isn't cutting it for me. I have made a long range goal of mastering the crochet in the round by the end of the month. I didn't think I gave myself enough time but now that I got the rows worked out, I might just make that goal. However, I reallllllly want to get with making my first Amigurumi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment