Sunday, August 05, 2007

STAY!

My evening and weekend was winding down and I was not looking forward to the work week. I was looking for an excuse to sit on my duff. As I was flipping channels about ready to shut it off, I rested on a lady talking about Ps 91 in a new way for me. I would like to share it with you.
He who dwells in the Shelter of the Most High
will rest in the Shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD,
"He is my Refuge and my Fortress,
my God, in Whom I trust."
~Ps 9:1-2
I have always enjoyed this verse especially in times of war whether physical or spiritual, but I really never claimed it as my own because I saw it more for the actual foot solder in a real flesh and blood war. Now I see it for the every day crazy bustle.

What I notice is the big old fat verbs. Can you see it? He who forsakes all else and runs to God and stays - no running in and running out - STAYS, will rest in the shadow of the Almighy. Picture the sweltering heat (pretty easy in the states where high heat and humity makes muah pretty wore out and punchy). Now picture running into the cool house. Who wants to go outside in the heat? You stay!

I really like these verses as I see myself running God. He sees me coming and His Arms are out stretched just waiting for me. He pulls me in and I rest in His Shadow. Then it goes further. I stand my ground and use my biggest voice where I declare God is my Refuge and My Fortress. I stake my trust in God ALONE.

The lady went futher and what caught my ears was that she said that 'if we fear the news, stop watching it. No, I take that back - you should be talking back to the news!' I yulped but not enough to disturb the neighbors! I have been talking back to shows but when it came to the news, I often found myself worrying in prayer. Probably impossible to do cuz you can't do both. Ok, I would worry and weep. From now on, I will be talking back to the news, too. I will claim Ps 91 and Ps 37.
The wicked plot against the righteous
and gnash their teeth at them;
but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
for He knows their day is coming.
Happy Ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment