Monday, August 06, 2007

Q.T.

What should my quiet time look like?
I talk to God all the time. I've got the praying without ceasing down maybe way too much. If I am a listener like I think I am, I need to carve out more time being quiet before Him. For now I would like to take 15 minutes of total silence in each day. No music. No t.v. Only me and God's word. I have decided on a few tools to keep my focus only on God's Word and not my own internal verbage.

*ask a question (seek)
Make question from what I read. Beware because after one question more come. Isn't the answer aways within the right question asked. I really like this technique. It gets me deeper inside His Word and then I can apply it my life.

* make an equation
You simply take a word add or subtract or equal or not equal it to another word. It is simple which it what God's Word is all about. One I have now is 'good gifts ≠ shifting shadows' (james 1:17)

*song
Singing a hymn that relates to what I've read.

*word picture
I love word pictures. If you really think about it Jesus was great at word pictures.

*contrasts
When you put two things up against each other, there are matches and opposites to be had.

*connect the dots
Nothing just stands alone; it is woven through out the fabric of the Bible. It is about searching a topic through the pages of God's Word and connecting them.

*butterfly
This is seeing that 'one Bloke wrote this book and repeating Himself over and over.' It is seeing that one butterfly wing mirrors the other butterfly wing. What you see in the Old Testament is reflected in the New Testament.

This is what I am starting with and I can't wait to see how it will morph into bigger things.

a date with God

No comments:

Post a Comment