Friday, August 03, 2007

No Reservations ...

I loved this movie and would rate it 10. It is a simple, cozy, romantic chick flick and clean too. It is a must for my movie library.

My eyes did water and that could have been because I was in a rush to get off work. I was miffed at a demand made upon me. I won't rehash but in my anger, I knew I needed to surrender to this demand. As I let the darkness envelope me, the tears most likely came from the leading man's character. He was not mopey or dark or detached. He was not afraid of the leading lady's superior aloof passion for her cooking. He got in the mix and stood his ground. She melted and I melted. Where is a man like that in my life? Unfortunately, I am attracted to those mopey, dark, detached guys. Not because I am looking to be rejected but because there was this chemistry of finding something you always knew you lost but wasn't sure what it was until I found it in the relationship with him.

I do have to say the leading man did leave. He decided after the blow out to leave NY and go clear to LA. He didn't make it but that is leaving in my book. Maybe I am a little to hard on that but when that special man walks into my life, I want no doubts of his sticking to this thing called a relationship.

No reservations, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment