Thursday, August 30, 2007

barren tears ...

Dearest Heavenly Father,
I know you have my best interest at heart but it is so hard to keep back my tears when I hear the speaker speak so highly of dating life and how to keep it pure. He speaks so well of how a girl is made to be the encourager and how the boy is to protect. I know in the deepest part of my heart that I am a great helpmate and encourager. I just have no one who thinks me special and beautiful enough (I know not the best words to use) to have in his life. I didn't mean to tear up but I did. It is down right painful to hear. I am reaching the twilight of my 30's and some speaker bring me to tears over his dating 101 for young adults. Argh!

Ok, I will admit there where a few tidbits that I ate up. Being barren for so long it is easy to forget how to conduct oneself. Like I never knew how to let a guy down if he should take a rare move and risk it all to ask me out and I just knew I needed to say no. The speaker said to just say NO THANK YOU. Nothing more. A guy is going to move around any excuse. GIVE NO EXCUSES!!! I have experience that one. The speaker said that the guy will even try to get around those three words and the girl is to keep saying those words. Another thing was that if a girl says yes to a date, she is saying that she approves of his character!!!!! Whoa! That is a keeper.

Even through my tears, I have some nuggets to keep. It is hard to not want but I keep up using Your Words to keep me warm on cold barren treks. You are my Shephard I shalllllllll NOT want!!!
always your little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment