Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dwelling Place ...

There are 31 listings of 'Dwelling Place' in the Bible. 29 found in the OT and 2 in the NT. Last reference is in Revelations. All are speaking of God. I like this Name of God. I have found myself reciting Psalms 91:1 lately to battle my restless aching heart when I find myself wanting things that God knows I don't need at this time. I found that I am talking back and taking back my dwelling place as worldly vices and evils knock on my door. I just didn't call it a Dwelling Place. After chewing on a verse I found and the small amount of research, I declare my Dwelling Place is in the Shadow of the Almighty... my Fortress, my Refuge, God Alone Whom I trust...

Psalm 91:1&2
He who dwells in the Shelter of the Most High
will rest in the Shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the LORD, "He is my Refuge and my Fortress,
my God, in Whom I trust."

Psalm 84:1
How lovely is Your Dwelling Place, O LORD Almighty!


Psalm 90:1
Lord, you have been our Dwelling Place throughout all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment