Wednesday, August 09, 2006

to control his feelings ...

When you are full of joy and have a good attitude, you keep yourself strong. That positive attitude of faith paves the way for God to work miracles–it paves the way for God to turn your situation around! Be full of the joy of the Lord!
~ Joel Osteen

For so long I was defeated ... that is until God taught me about Joy. I found that Joy came by moving to what I could control. What I could control was my gratitude, my delight, my passion, my contentment, my appreciation, by claiming victory, & declaring His Attributes.

Control seemed to be the key for me. When you feel overwhelmed by others or your surroundings, it is usually because someone or something has control over you. You begin to feel desprate and out of control. It began to make sence to me! I had to bring an element of control back to me ... not to control others or my situation... Never!

It is work and sometimes it comes easy. I keep working out my Joy. Amazingly, Joy bubbles up in the midst of my world being out of control. I have a peaceful spirit now.

However, I was convicted this morning about a relationship, a relationship that I dove into with all my tenacity because I had leaned heavily into God and felt I heard Him. I still feel strongly about this relationship and what I gave to it.

"Stop trying to control life ... let it be'' whispered loudly to me. Here I realized that I was trying to control how he felt about me! It is not his issue but my own. Once again realizing that I feel overwhelmed, I must find the Joy. I must not beat myself for loving or for listening to God. That was the right thing... so back to the drawboards of Joy ... it is the strength that keeps me upbeat...

No comments:

Post a Comment