Tuesday, August 08, 2006

pumpkin bump!!!

Just two days!!!! Wow!!! Ok ok, I know I am being very hyper about my blue pumpkins but for some reason I am soaking up this process. Maybe because I know God wants us to be in the 'seed business'! And to experience this process visually helps me spiritually... { I am a seed where God tucked inside my personality, my dreams & passions which becomes my purpose in this world. I am also a seed spreader where God would like me to plant seeds of love, joy, trust, compassion, beauty, peace .... }

I was told that the yellow blossom dies and becomes a pumpkin. I wanted to see this first hand. Two days ago I was walking around and around peering into the vine looking for the little pumpkin bump. None could be found. Sure I did see two pumpkins but not the very first stage. Huge reward tonight!! I saw with my very own eyes where the yellow blossoms begins to fade, the base of the blossom (what I would call the stem) begins to swell like a green bubblegum bubble! I was soooo gidddy!!!! YippeeeeeeYay!!!!!

mad chow : two blue pumpkins

3 comments:

  1. I've got a few "pumpkin bumps" myself. Great term, that. I intend to use it for the rest of my days!

    It is great seeing them appear, isn't it? Sadly, my biggest one is right at the end of a vine, right at the edge of the garden, right next to a very busy sidewalk. Somehow, I doubt that it is going to be there when I go to harvest it.
    - Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. giggles I love words and fitting them together. Glad you like 'pumpkin bumps' ... makes me smile.

    There is something special and miraculous about watching your garden grow!

    ReplyDelete