Tuesday, August 15, 2006

a teamship quiz ...

How people smart are you? How self smart are you? How good are you at relationships? Try on some of my questions for size!

1) What does pairing up mean to you?

2) What needs do you expect to be fulfilled?

3) What will you contribute to the relationship?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

4) How do you allow your partner to grow body, mind, heart, & spirit within your union?

5) Do you encourage them to be a full person?

6) Do know their dreams?

7) Do you have time to share & plan for each other's personal dreams & passions?

8) Are you bored by them?

9) Is there room for the woman to pursue what brings her personal joy over & beyond home & child?

10) If the man settles for a safe job to keep a shelter & to keep food on the table rather than taking a risky job that fulfills his passion, what does that teach his partner, wife, or children?

11) Can you be in a job that suits or fits you & still work on the side in pursuit of your passion & still reach your dream? Or should you risk all & go full tilt for your dream?


I know of a father who settles on whatever money he can bring in for his home. He feels his dreams and his soul shivel up. He has been convicted of some anger issues that boil inside. Because I care so much for him and strongly believe in your personal dreams and passions, this father should really strive for his dreams. Show his children to go after their dreams. He encourages them to do so but to really see your father actively go for his dream ... well, who am I to get my soapbox out on this... I am no parent, but I am a child....
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

12) What does your union look like? Would you make any changes?

13) How is the treatment of each other?

14) Can you renegotiate your partnership?

15) Should you set up renegotiation rights before you jump into a relationship?


Dr. Phil says we teach people how to treat us. This truly has been a mystery because whenever I try to renegotiate, I am the bad guy and the relationship is worse off than before. I am struggling right now. I have a family relationship that turned sour and a really goooooooooood friendship that I don't want to lose but he is MIA so what's left?

I have been out of sorts for a long while now. So I reread chapter nine (Life Strategies). I mentally reworked the family conflict ... not sure the outcome would have been any better. And I am going to tackle the other relationship outloud here in an other entry and go from there. Life is really a game. It is playing through the options to take a higher and cleaner road. It is a mindset. It is about growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment