Wednesday, October 29, 2008

end times ...

I had a conversation today where she said felt like the 'end times' where upon us. I mentioned too was feeling it and that I was reading Daniel with Swindoll and that I was trying to read Revelations. I was very moved by the conversation so much so that I was shaking! When that feeling comes on, it means you touched something really deep and possibly divine. She was able to walk into the boss's office and pray with him before he had to let everyone know about the 8% pay cut. Another thing that really moved me was I keep referring to the Word by partially quoting the promises given by God. She said she got to start memorizing! I told her I don't have it memorized but I attempt by going over and over the Word and then talking back the promises to whatever is offending me. It just moved me so much that I started crying and shaking as I prayed to God on my way home tonight. God has given us sooooo much in the Word that when tough times come that we sin by becoming depressed by it all. Never in the Word does He say to be discouraged but rather be of Good Courage or do NOT be afraid!!!

Well, I am just eating up Swindoll's teaching on Daniel. The following are not my words. I need to put it down in writing so as not to forget. Hmm, more like being encouraged.

1. Democracy will and is declining.
OOO, tough one to swallow! But as I look inward and the battle of the people doing it or being taken care by the government is really hard core. The freedom of people doing it there own is in decline and even being traded in for dependence on government. In defense for America there are other little one rule 'kingdoms' and democracy 'kingdoms' fighting over which is better. We are all just setting up the way for global one leader rule.

2. People will WANT ONE leader rule. The anti-christ will NOT need to use force.
Hard times are here. We will never be rid of terrorists. Once all the salt and light are called home, major chaos! There will be one waiting in the wings ready to take Christ's place - to fill the void!

3. Anti-christ will be winsome and appealing. He is not the opposite of Christ but 'instead' of Christ.
I had never thought of that! It makes a lot of sense. Hmm, this anti-christ is going to be the ultimate wolf in sheep's clothing. The sheep's clothing is going to be so good and will fool every one except those that come to Christ after the Call up Yonder.

4. Anti-christ will be superb in all areas needed to be a genius leader.
He will be able to speak better than the best speaker. He will have all the wisdom of King Soloman. Swindoll had a big list but what I took away from this is that any leader or leadership qualities out there this anti-christ will have. Swindoll also said this anti-christ won't be revealed until after Christ has taken up His believers. So any so called anti-christ isn't here yet. I take comfort in that. I even have gone as far as saying aloud who isn't anti-christ. ie: Martha Steward can't be the anti-christ even because even though the anti-christ may be will organized this anti-christ won't be ____. I then fill in the blank with something that isn't winsome about the chosen 'leader'. Oprah, Donald Trump, etc - pick a leader and try it out.

5. Anti-christ will be a gentile not a jew.


I found Swindoll's words encouraging and I am finding that the end times isn't as scary as I once thought. I remind myself that there is a blessing at the beginning of Revelations for those who read and KEEP what is written. The last chapter of Revelation is God saying I am not kidding...

No comments:

Post a Comment