Saturday, October 25, 2008

the sparrow promise ...

I just can't seem to get going on much today. I really should accomplish so much since weekends I can spend as I so feel like doing with work at a distance. But I find myself zoned out and going slow.

So hmm about work... if you have been reading my twitter tweets, you know something is up at work. Heard the company crack for the first time Thursday as we are repo-ing boats and dealers are requesting us not to send them boats. Being the one who is paying the bills and being overloaded with work, I have been wondering at our death defying speed. I have been sending God many a s.o.s with a ps. not to slow down the workload by leaving company and me without jobs. I have had a notion that if God takes the job that I have been there before and if need be I can do it again. But I think that sounds very arrogant because I now it will be hard. With company wide cut on wages, one wonders if it will work and what things need to be in order to hunker down for a while - kind of like hibernating for the winter.

I also have two things on my list to do before that should happen and it is the two bookcases and iWorks. I want to be able to have word processing part for my iMac since I broke Appleworks and can't get it back. I need to get serious about writing! I am hoping that iWorks will get me organized and creative. The bookcases are for a bit of what I call 'home makeover'. A couple of months ago I got a bookcase for a spot that was dead space. I had been wanting to do it for a long time but I didn't know if it would work with my home being a very small space. It worked better than I thought! Now I am ready to get two more 3 shelf bookcases is to go in the other place where I have 2 two shelf bookcases. Then I will move the 2 two shelf bookcases to another corner of my living room. I have a dream of being very orderly and organized. So what should a modern day library living space look like? I got the idea from Ikea. The living rooms were lined with walls of bookcases! So with that notion I then made a list of what my library will contain. The list is books of course but I add music, movies, craft books, school books, games, and photo albums. My hope is to clean up my space and to be able to see what I have and to better use what I have.

I cannot get mad at George W nor can I get mad at the economy. It is the people's fault. We all were riding high. There always have to be a balance. If we cannot keep the balance then God will provide the balance. I am not worried about the money. I have been very safe with the money. No, I don't have a home and it is a dream, but I am glad that I don't have that worry. I am frustrated and have been under too much pressure at work and all the changes. Sure I have the office with the window but I have to share it. I have a new boss who I am concerned that she will make unnecessary changes when I have worked hard at making this job as tight and as fast as I can because math isn't my strong suite I know what to do to keep me successful and able to handle the job. I don't want someone to come in and upset the boat trailer. Plus, I don't like someone telling me what to do. So when she voiced a change, I decided to make the move first. I worked it and then told her when she voiced the change she wanted to make that I would do it but it would be different. I told her I already did it this week and what changes I would need to make to make successful for me. But I am still leery because she probably still want to observe. They did things quite different at the other place...

Through it all that window has been perfect at reminding me that God has me in the palm of His Almighty Hand. Sparrows come to my window and my eyes take in their actions. I smile and remember that God cares for these small ordinary birds and aren't of more value than these?

No comments:

Post a Comment