Sunday, October 12, 2008

unscathed & unmarred ...

''I just don't understand why you would say no to my friendship and say yes to a silent telephone and quiet evenings all by yourself with no one to talk to. I just don't understand.''

''I am sorry but my no is a solid no. I cannot defend myself before you in this matter. If my fate is to spend the rest of my days and evenings alone, the God I serve will defend and will commune with me. He will rescue me from myself and from loneliness. But even if He doesn't me from aloneness, I will not compromise the way that I live. I desire to live truthfully so that what I think, I can say and what I say, I do. No secrets. I will not worship my desires but will worship the One True God. I am a free woman! Why be bound to my lusts? Yes, I may live in my head too much but like the days of old when Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were thrown into the furnace, there was the Son of God walking about with them. Not hair was singed. I too can throw out my fears and doubts that lick like flames around my tortured mind and heart. I too can walk about hand in hand with the Son of God in this furnace call loneliness and come out unscathed. I am precious in His sight and will always be unmarred...''

here's to a modern day Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego story ... Daniel 3

No comments:

Post a Comment