Saturday, October 18, 2008

turning fall ...

Last Saturday as I was walking, I thought that not very many trees had turned yet. What a difference a week makes. It has turned cool from the 80* I enjoyed last weekend. Fall rains too have tugged on the leaves making them fall in pools around their former home. Now more trees have turned into their golden hues. It is finally October. The sky is a very bright blue and the fields are a dry golden color. When the sun shines every thing takes on very rich tones.

Long sleeves and jeans are welcomed as the brisk air promises frost to kill the pollens and pesky bugs. However, yesterday morning I saw a woman in short shorts and flip flops picking out silk fall flower arrangements outside the local craft store. I thought oddly funny as I was wishing for a heavy coat than the light jean jacket I had thought would be just enough. Ahh, how some cannot let go of summer and lean into fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment