Sunday, June 17, 2007

bring on the rains...

As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:10-12


I love this verse. Besides my own country, I have another favorite. It is a verrrrrry dry place. This land has endured a 10 year drought and just begun to experience rain that her people thought would never come back again. I know a small handful of people from this dry place. I have gotten to experience their stories as I have listened. What I thirst for I can get from within my country because our resources are there for the taking, but I wonder and am sad when I feel his thirst and he seems to find no relief. I have prayed for rain for this dry land and for his dry and thirsty being and wonder of God's plan to minster to the dry thirsty souls of these precious in His eye people.

I cherish this verse as I see the promise within it. My job is to plant seeds of love, generosity, and joy. It will not go out without coming back in full and overflowing. Those that hunger and eat too will find able to walk upright again.

Can you see it? A dry land drinking up the rains and the trees bud and flowers burst forth. Truly clapping is heard...

Dear Heavenly Rain Giver,
Oh, how You give me the perfect word to cheer my fainting heart. What pictures You paint for me. New eyes to see Your Great Wonders and to see more clearly Your Awesome Plans You designed for each of us. I am keeping this verse ever close to my prayers for a dear and precious friend and his family. I pray for the rains of Joy and Salvation on his house. Oh, may he reborn in Your Joy so mysterious and ever so strong. I love You!!
always Your little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment