Wednesday, June 27, 2007

KUUDUK & mad libs!

Over the weekend I purchased two more card games to add to my ever growing collection. I pulled out all my card games and was shocked to how many I do have. One card game called O'NO 99 by the makers of UNO takes me back. The cards are worn and weathered from all the games. I never liked the game because you had to count but dare not make it to 100. See, I just don't like counting and especially in my head. I asked mom if it was her favorite. She doesn't remember. I think I shall bring the game back out and make her play!!!

Comparing O'NO to the new game by UNO called KUUDUK, the card games changes their looks too. O"NO has a retro 70's feel while KUUDUK has a mod look about it. While musing over the games, I took time out to learn how to play the game .... of course by myself. Why a singleton like me loves card games with no one to play against ... beats me! I think I will continue to 'play' against myself every weekend so that I can introduce these games quickly and with ease especially now with the younger generation of my family. Maybe I can convert my entire family to card gamers this way!!!

As an adult I wished my elders had made card games apart of the 'home schooling'. It worked well but I guess if I was a parent, I would be weaving in social education and sportsmenship via card games. I would have an agenda and aggressive force it onto my unknowing offspring!!!!! Oh, don't start with me! They would never know what hit them!!! I would be crafty! And of course after all that education, fun would ultimately be at the heart as well as hard core card gamers for me to hone my own very lacking skills as I twiddle my thumbs now days - partnerless.

I like the how the game makers are putting their games in tins instead of the card board boxes. Saves them for years and years to come. I just happened to have an old hot chocolate tin in a nice size to pack away my collection of card games that came in card board boxes. Self preservation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment