Monday, June 18, 2007

for health's sake ...

"How are you doing?'

"If the stress doesn't go away soon, I'll have to think about what I am going to do,"

"You can't let the stress bother you. Leave it at work. Don't take it home."

"I am not trying to take it home. No matter what I have done to keep it here and be kind to myself, stress is following me. I could not shut my body down and didn't fall asleep til after 2AM Thursday. FRIDAY, I could not shut off my mind til way after 3AM. This cannot go on."

"You will hate yourself if you give up now due to stress."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, wait a minute! So you are telling me it is ok to let stress ruin my health? my sanity? Oh, I could use some choice words right now. I am one who fights till the last dog is howling. My name is tanacity! But there are limits. Too much stress after working myself silly to accomplish calm waters and drowning in it ... something has to give.

It was a down day. I had victories last week but that did not keep my tears in check. I am very weak and I will continue to call on God's strength... but too much stress? what for?

9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
Ecclesiastes 3


The more I read Ecclesiastes the more I see that if work is stressing you out, something has to change. You must find satisfaction or you will lose yourself ...

No comments:

Post a Comment