Tuesday, March 07, 2006

truest & deepest dimensions ...

Ernest Hemingway during WWI came very close to death. He felt that it set him apart from the rest of the human race for the remainder of his life. ... From this, Hemingway derived a formula for his novels: Put a good man into a situation where he comes face-to-face with death - ... . Then you will see him in his truest and deepest dimensions. You will find out just how good he really is. The trial will not make or break him, it will reveal him fr: chp 1 of ''Waiting'' by Ben Patterson

Wow, I really had to think about this and it can really make you sweat. What if you don't come through it well? What if you squealed in terror and cried all the way home? No, truly be honest here.... How often have I beat myself up for not handling something with grace? How often have I tried to empathized with another who is struggling and wonder how would I fare? I look at my waiting ... and I know I have very childlike behavior and questions ...

No comments:

Post a Comment