Sunday, March 12, 2006

butterflies in absence?

I have been going through the stories of the Bible looking for butterflies in absence. What does God really think about someone who pulls away from humanity? I know that no other fills me like the Presence of God. He never fails me. Yet even if you pull yourself from others for long periods of time even to find yourself, is God in that? Is He ok with that?

Adam was created alone in the garden. God was with him yet God created woman as a helpmate. Here lies my biggest proof that God created us human beings as relational.

Here is one for thought: Jesus in the Garden told his disciples to wait and pray for Him. He went off by Himself to wrestle in prayer with His Heavenly Father over the upcoming torture and death. It was something He had to do alone. Yet, He had asked His disciples to watch in prayer. Something that echos 'where two or three are gathered'. Instead of finding them praying, they had fallen asleep. How utterly alone He had to have felt even though the was Jesus. He came to earth to feel the pain ... to feel the aloneness ... to bear our burdens.

I just feel in the the very depths of my soul we are not to cut off all human contact! Jesus had with him a group to keep watch in prayer. Sure God is our truest Shield and Defender but we are designed to have a barbaric tribe! Who will pray for you if you banish yourself to your garden to wrestle with God?

I am just musing ... wondering ...

Like always balance is key. I must commune with God and with others.

pezzi: how long O Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment