Saturday, March 04, 2006

cc: headaches!!!

cheif compliant: HEADACHES!

hx: The history of my headaches goes back sometime when I started living on my own only because I can remember making a decided decision to take Excedrin daily as a morning ritual. Something like 1997ish but who knows it could have been back in '93 when I slamed my '79 mustang in a tree. I had whiplash that I never had treated.

sx: The symtoms of my headaches would begin sometime in the morning and make me nauseous by noon without aid of my friend Excedrin. The Excedrin allowed me to live life upright and I could think! I tried to go without Excedrin last October over a weekend. Oh man, I was terrible to be around. Grouchy because all I could think about was excaping the pain. I can't do anything like painting or writing, or thinking (my favorite things) let alone taking care of work or home! When I decided to get some help, I went off Excedrin again and really paid attention to what was happening in my head.

Pressure began to build in my right eye and a pinching pain at the bridge of my nose. Dark moody emotions took over any mental thoughts. Eyes would blur and hot tears would be my night's companion. Eating something was always my way to settle the pain or the stomach. But the headache would remain. The nausia would be the ultimate 'I can't handle this anymore'.

rx: For tooooo many years Excedrin was my remedy. Knowing how aspirin can damage my stomach, I would always eat breakfast and pop the E-pill. I felt ashamed to admit it to the doctors, but so often it was ''you shouldn't do that' never 'oh, lets see where this is coming from'.

When a co-worker suggested a chiropractor, I didn't immediately go. I just kept it in the back of my mind. After trying to go without in October to see if the headache was there, I decided to call. Two months later I started on a journey and ended up headache free. The chiropractor did help me find out the cause of my headaches but not by cracking neck bones or back bones!

dx: So would you like to know the diagnosis? Well, after clearing up neck issues from whiplash and finding the headaches still there (3rd week), the chiropractor suggested to get a food allergy test done. I was like no way is it a food allergy. So after a couple more weeks, I had my food allergy test done in January and February 6th my life changed forever. I have 36 food allergies!

mad chow: 36 food allergies

No comments:

Post a Comment