Wednesday, March 22, 2006

to matter ...

What haunts me is these simple words ' to matter ' . When excepting her Oscar for playing June Carter Cash in Walk the Line, Reece Wetherspoon brought to the world's attention that she felt the same sentiment that June did. She wanted to matter. She echoed loud and clear this simple but profound ache in all women.

Just to matter to someone ... Just to matter enough to make a difference in this world ...

To matter is a value we so often throw away by our indifference and our lack of empathy towards others.

1 comment:

  1. You hurt me with your absence. My feelings have been telling me that I must not be worth much to you when all I was doing was 'loving you'. I strongly feel that absence is unhealthy. I long for Joy & Balance to transform your life. I so forgive your absence for God has proved Ever-Present & He never gave up on me so I cannot give up on you. You are holy ground and your journey is 'holy mud'. I am fully expectant & in awe of God's Great Power & He's bestowing of Rich Good Gifts in your life.
    =)

    ReplyDelete