Tuesday, October 02, 2007

waste not ...

God does NOT waste my sorrow, nor my pain. Rather He redeems my tradegies with His Glory.

I have been thinking about 'waste not' a lot lately. I am finding it in the little rebutals I retort out loud in the quiet spaces of my home when I am trying to figure out who I want to be. I am trying to stand firm with what I say to what I feel deeply inside. I have high values and desires yet when it comes to my mouth, I am not as confident sounding. I blame my ever sweet shy side. I hate sounding closed down. See, I also like to known as a good listener. Oh, the excuses I am coming up with!!!!

I have desided that 'waste not' is a good way for me to really align my words with what I really want to do with my life. Here are a few marching orders:

* I will not waste my relationship with God on impure actions. I don't have time for curious about the things of the flesh or the things of human nature. I am bought with a price. (1 Cor 6:20 & 7:23)

* I will not waste my time over the future state of me like wondering if I will finally own my home (yikes .. stomach just bottomed out!) or if I will finally find some poor chap who can stand me enough to stick with me in marriage (puppy eyes). God only promised me today. So why waste my time? Daydreaming is fine but only if it is productive in the creative department! So it is what is on my plate today and that it enough! No more borrowing trouble of what might not be.

No comments:

Post a Comment