Sunday, February 05, 2006

boiling anger ...

On friday her workmate in the office she shared went to the boss and basically got her into trouble over a silly piece of job. Anger so violent boiled in her cheeks. She remained quiet but deep inside she vowed never to let this happen again... As that vow was being made her spirit pricked.

Later in the evening a quote came her way saying: ''We're never weaker than when we are angery.'' ~ dr phil She shot back, ''But this anger comes from being shamed and it was unjust! This is my work and I do it well. I can't give her it or I will have nothing to do. She doesn't work in teamwork rather she is combatent and dominant. I am my own person and I need my personality to be established away from hers. She isn't nice and I don't want that splashed onto me.''

After a night sleep she awoke to a plan to gentlely go to her boss and fight for her job. She whispered an invitation to her Creator for peace and gentleness in her words, time for her to speak with her boss in the morning, and for the ears of the boss to hear.

Realizing that her anger had disapated, she rejoices in the Hand of the Lord upon her nasty vow. He took away her desire to run and hide. She tasted His Peace when she invited His Plan.

2 comments:

  1. After the vow ('i will never let this happen to me again...') was made and my spirit was pricked, I decided I better go with God's Plan. So I started inviting God through prov 4:18 & isa 32:17.

    (the righteous sounds unattainable to me so i used 'to do right')
    ''To do right is peaceful. The effect will be quietness and confidence much like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.''

    I prayed this and kept doing doing so through out the weekend.... then I thanked God for going before me ... even before I got angry and prepared my choice ... whether I was going to choose anger or peace ...

    Because He had proved Himself in the prep, I knew He would go ahead and prepare the meeting.

    I stumbled like always with my speech to my boss. But true to God, He had touched her ears. I still have my job (i think i had the case of drama here but you never know with people how they will take things ... i thought my job was on the line if not now later as my feelings would eat me up). My boss apologized for her harsh words ... and she volunteered to keep her mouth shut about my co-worker . I didn't want to get my office mate in trouble but I did want my boss to know what was going on with my work.

    It took a day to restart the casual energy in my office with my office-mate, but it is all good. What a great Defender and Father I have!

    ReplyDelete