Monday, February 06, 2006

a full cup ...

To have a good foundation in a relationship both people need to be full cups. If one is half full, the other will spend their time filling the other one up. Then who is left to fill the cup who empties out...
pieces of an overheard conversation

Dearest Beloved,
I never thought I would feel like the full cup. I am feeling a bit bewildered here. What happens when you believe sooooo strongly in the him and yet you have no clue what is going on with him because he has withheld himself from you? I am having huge doubts...

As I have come here to my space and let it all out to You and to myself, I have left a little trail to here. He can choose to find it. What will happen when he reads it or will he even come back to us? Will he see that I have tried to be gentle with him as it is his journey? Will he understand my raw and very candid emotions as this is my journey too?

Is this book a farse? Is the formula wrong? Am I holding onto something that will never be true for me? What is up with failed friendships in my life? What am I missing from this pattern?

I am grateful for feeling like a full cup still wanting more so that I can be overflowing. You have been so patient with me and my slow learning. Things that I don't have that I have dreamt about for my future, You kept in Your safe keeping as I needed other things first. I needed to set up my home for growing confidence. I needed all these years to develop joy and prayerkeeping. I am much more of who I was to be. Thank You.
~ always your little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment