Monday, December 03, 2012

x stitch …

Not that I need another craft but rather going back to my first self taught pursuit as a way to grieve and honor my beloved Andy. I need something quick where words and crocheting a likeness would take too much time in this busy season.

I have been wanting to get back to x stitching and have been getting small nudges along the way. I found sometime this summer a second Martha Stewart Living catalog that had an article promoting x stitch to little girls. All you do is get graph paper and encourage them to draw themselves and their family then x stitch. I loved it and can't wait to try on my nieces but in the meantime just tucking it away.

I've been picking up wonderful x stitch pieces at my local second hand shop. I have this battle going on inside me - why am I buying someone else's hard work when I should create them? The beauty and length always wins! I lack the time! You should see the piano one! I cannot believe someone got rid of it.

I like simple things to make quick work. I found this really cool x stitch maker app for my iPod Touch! I made Andy's face in x stitch and this app shows you what it looks like finished. I now am on the hunt for a graph paper journal. I think I will have to make one instead as I am coming up empty. I want to fill the pages with Andy first and then with the rest with the toy fox gang with Andy as top dog as he is. Then I will have a journal as well as x stitch pieces.

I think this will be a good way to grieve. Andy has been cuddling with me and I cherish these moments. I don't want to let him go but I must. I long for Heaven where good gifts are perfected…

No comments:

Post a Comment