Sunday, December 09, 2012

Andy snapshots …

Why do good gifts have an expiration date? I know why good gifts come. The Heavenly Father loves to lavish us with good gifts but why do they go?

Sometimes good gifts are people and people at times fail us. Sometimes good gifts are pets to cheer us and to teach about unconditional love yet they have frailty written into their DNA too. Sometimes good gifts are jobs or homes or things that can crumble away. Is that really a good gift if it is so easily ruined? I just cannot wrapped my brain around it -especially around the gifts we take to Heaven and those God-created creations.

God has given me a picture to help me understand a little more…

I struggle because I get attached to these furry animated toy fox terriers. They bring me such joy! I know they have no souls but they have such life and personality. Jesus cares about a the fallen sparrow. He gave the donkey speech to get a defiant human to listen. And one day the lion will lie down with the lamb. After reading about pets in Randy Alcorn's book on Heaven for kids. I have a couple of snapshots…

Today's snapshot is me handing over a sleeping Andy into the Strong Arms of Jesus. A picture of allowing Jesus to comfort a sad grateful heart. Andy is well enjoyed gift.

I have have couple more snapshots …

After some of the big things happen like seeing Jesus face to face and having mini reunions of with special people that have gone before us and meeting first time face to face those who we knew their heart but never got to see and that big thing where we come back with Jesus on those horses … after that when things 'quiet' down and I walk on streets of gold, I will walk out into the yard and there peering out from behind the tree will be Andy with his beautiful masked face. He will pause like always and he will do his slightly sidestep happy trot to greet me. He will jump into my arms. In that moment as my hands capture his little tank body there will be to lumps, bumps, tender spots, worry spots, or itchy ears. As salty happy tears flow and pupinators kisses lap up, we rejoice that the Creator King has broken sin's curse. Not only has my body been made new and perfected but God has made His creation perfect too. This snapshot is the giving of PRAISE to God Most High.

I have one more indulgent snapshot…

Andy and I have this tradition after meals when the family talks. Andy gives me sad eyes and I would let him jump into my lap and lately I have scooped him up. He sits there enjoying the elevated view and of course a nibble on a scrap or two. I know that Thankgiving was the last time Andy and I truly enjoyed this together. But just maybe after the Marriage Feast in Heaven, Andy will be there with his puppy eyes…
and once again like old times he will jump into my lap as we fellowship at The Lord's table. This snapshot is pure indulgence and a reminder that God the Father lavishes us with so much, are we indulgent in our praise back to Him?

What a Day of Rejoicing that will be! True gifts will be fully realized. Good gifts will be perfected. No expiration dates. No frailty. No brokenness. No loss.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the Heavenly Lights, Who does not change like shifting shadows. ~James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment